Holiday Home Insurance - image shows homes by the coast in St Ives

Holiday Home Insurance

Specialist insurance for second homes and holiday homes

scroll down

Kingfisher Holiday Home Insurance

Holiday home insurance is designed to provide cover for additional properties – either second homes or holiday homes. These properties can often be left empty for long periods of time, or can be rented out to guests. Holiday home insurance can include both buildings and contents insurance, but unlike standard home insurance, it is designed to specifically accommodate the risks associated with properties used as holiday homes.

Kingfisher Holiday Home Insurance can provide peace of mind for your holiday home, second home, or a property featured on holiday let sites (such as Airbnb).

What can we cover?

Kingfisher Holiday Home Insurance can cover:

  • Building and contents – the structure and/ or possessions within the home
  • Accidental damage – unexpected damage by you or guests
  • 24/7 Emergency helpline – support for claims
  • Unusual building types – e.g. log cabins
  • Loss of income – cover for loss of income if you let holiday home but are unable to due to damage
  • Public Liability
  • Employer liability
  • Legal Expenses

We can also cover:

  • Extended Lets
  • Theft by occupants
  • Solar panels
Holiday home insurance - beach houses along a pebble beach.

Why choose Kingfisher Home?

Industry Knowledge

Experts in non-standard home insurance

Exceptional Service

From a friendly, UK based team

Flexible payment plans

Payment options available

kingfisherinsurance logo icon

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need buildings and contents insurance for my holiday home?

Whilst it isn’t a legal requirement, holiday home insurance will help to mitigate against the risks associated. Buildings insurance for your holiday home can help with costs relating to damage, repairing and replacing, whereas contents can help to protect your possessions stored in your holiday home.

Can Kingfisher Home cover properties I let on Airbnb?

Yes, we can. We can arrange cover for properties advertised and let through most holiday sites.

Explore Other Kingfisher Insurance Products

For non-standard or homes of unusual construction

For homes and properties in flood risk areas

For unoccupied or long-term vacant properties

kingfisherinsurance logo icon white

Request a Callback

Home – Request a Callback

If unsure, please select Non-Standard Home Insurance
DD slash MM slash YYYY

Non-Standard Home Insurance – News & Insights