Unoccupied Home Insurance - image shows inside of empty house

Unoccupied Home Insurance

Specialist insurance for unoccupied homes

scroll down

Kingfisher Unoccupied Home Insurance

Unoccuped Home Insurance can provide cover for a property that is unoccuped or left vacant for longer than a standard home insurance policy allows. You may need unoccupied home insurance if you are or have:

  • On holiday or are travelling for a substantial period of time
  • A second or holiday home
  • A new homeowner but aren’t yet ready to move in
  • Moved into another property but have not yet sold or rented your previous home
  • Inherited a property or are waiting for probate
  • Moving out whilst renovation work is carried out

What can we cover?

Kingfisher Unoccupied Home Insurance can provide cover for:

  • Damage to the home caused by fire, flooding, storms or vandalism
  • Theft (or attempted theft)
  • Escape of water
  • Legal expenses cover
  • Public liability cover
Unoccupied Home Insurance - image shows cardboard boxes in empty house

Why choose Kingfisher Home?

Industry Knowledge

Experts in non-standard home insurance

Exceptional Service

From a friendly, UK based team

Flexible payment plans

Payment options available

kingfisherinsurance logo icon

Frequently Asked Questions

How long can a house be unoccupied for?

This varies from insurer to insurer, but a standard home policy may allow for your porperty to be unoccupied for 30 days. An unoccupied home insurance policy is typically more flexible with options for different lengths of cover.

What is the difference between unoccupied and vacant?

A vacant property means there is no one living in the property and usually has no contents or possessions inside.
An unoccupied property means there is no one living there currently but has furnishings and possessions inside the property.

Explore Our Non-Standard Home Insurance Products

For non-standard or homes of unusual construction

For second homes, holiday homes & Airbnb lets

For homes and properties in flood risk areas

kingfisherinsurance logo icon white

Request a Callback

Home – Request a Callback

If unsure, please select Non-Standard Home Insurance
DD slash MM slash YYYY