iStock 1472182140 min scaled

Dealerships & Vehicle Sales Insurance

Insurance for new and used car sales for dealers of all sizes

scroll down

New and used car sales insurance

Whether you’re a local trader with a passion for selling used cars or a national franchise with the latest models, your business thrives on valuable assets. From gleaming vehicles on forecourts and showrooms to dedicated staff and essential tools, you deserve peace of mind knowing everything is protected.

That’s where our tailored car dealership insurance comes in. We offer a flexible range of covers to fit your unique needs, with Kingfisher’s team visiting businesses across the country to provide peace of mind that you have suitable cover.

What does New and Used Car Dealer insurance cover?

Kingfisher provides cover for:

  • Your vehicle stock, up to an agreed limit of indemnity
  • Premises and property on-site
  • Employers’ Liability insurance
  • Public Liability insurance
  • Service indemnity (also known as defective workmanship cover)
  • Money cover and key cover
  • Directors’ and Officers’ insurance (also known as Management Liability cover)
  • Engineering inspection cover
  • Business interruption insurance

We will take the time to visit you and understand your needs, to provide a policy that is tailored to your business – so you can sleep easy at night.

new and used vehicles for sale

Why choose Kingfisher for vehicle dealer insurance?

Nationwide Coverage

We visit premises across the UK

Personal service

From a dedicated team of motor trade insurance experts

Product coverage

Whatever your motor trade, we’ll seek insurance for your needs

kingfisherinsurance logo icon

Frequently Asked Questions

What is road risks cover for car dealers?

Road risks cover allows you to drive vehicles in connection with your motor trade business. This could be transporting a vehicle from an auction house or place of purchase back to your business premises, for example, or allowing test drives to be carried out using trade plates.

What is stock of vehicles cover?

This covers you in the event of vehicles being damaged or stolen while on your business premises. We agree a total value of vehicles with you so that you are insured should the worst happen. Speak to us about the type of vehicles we can insure and the limits of indemnity – we will visit you to find out your specific needs.

What is covered under motor trade business premises insurance?

If you own or lease business premises and do not have separate cover for your buildings, this can be added to your motor trade combined policy. In the event of damage to your buildings, the rebuild cost can be included in your policy. Kingfisher also provides cover for internal contents of the building – aside from the vehicles themselves, any money, keys, tools and equipment can be covered.

Do you cover service and repair insurance for vehicle dealers?

Yes, we do. We can provide insurance for specialist equipment including ramps and lifting tables, alongside engineering inspection cover.

Explore Our Motor Trade Insurance Products

Specialist insurance for vehicle recovery operators

Cover for garages, MOT stations, vehicle restorers and more

Cover for traders of all sizes, from local traders to dealerships

kingfisherinsurance logo icon white

Get a quote

MT Quote

Part 1: Your Quote

The name of your business
Your Name(Required)
What is your main line of work?
MM slash DD slash YYYY

Motor Trade Insurance – News & Insights