Motor Trade Insurance

Service and Repair Garage Insurance

Motor trade insurance protection for garages and MOT stations

scroll down

Service & Repair Garage Insurance

There are many risks you face while carrying out service and repair work. From potential damage to vehicles to injury to employees or members of the public, theft of tools or money from your premises, losing your MOT licence, and more, there’s a lot to consider. Without proper insurance, one major accident, incident or theft could put your entire business at risk.

Protect your garage and employees with tailored insurance from Kingfisher’s motor trade insurance specialists. Our understanding of what you do comes from an experienced and established team that knows the risks vehicle technicians and service and repair garages face inside-out. They will guide you through the insurance products you need to help keep your business safe, so you can sleep easy at night.

Take the stress out of buying service and repair garage insurance

Service and repair garages undertake vital work to maintain vehicles, keep them safe and ensure people and businesses stay on the move. You need to focus on your business and delivering a valuable service rather than your insurance. You need to turn to a motor trade insurance broker with experience who understands what you do.

When it comes to your motor trade insurance, trust Kingfisher. As the approved insurance broker of the Servicesure network and a provider of insurance to garages across the country, our team of motor trade specialists has over 100 years of experience to draw upon. We’ve seen it all over the years and will look after your needs from the moment you take out a policy with us through to helping you manage your risks and claims.

Why choose Kingfisher for service and repair garage insurance?

Kingfisher offers your garage a fair deal when it comes to insurance:

  • Access to a choice of insurers including exclusive access to First Underwriting, providing specialist motor trade garage insurance cover
  • An experienced team who will visit your garage, get to know you, and be there for you when you need them
  • Cover for road risks, traders combined, liabilities, and more
  • MOT loss of licence cover available
  • Cover for bodyshops or vehicle sales available
  • An in-house claims team who will help you through the process and remove stress during difficult times
  • Appointed insurance broker for the Servicesure garage network
  • Can cover garages across the country

We’ll help you to find cover for your service and repair garage that is tailored to your needs.

iStock 174979404 1

Why choose Kingfisher for Service & Repair Garage Insurance?

Nationwide Coverage

We visit premises across the UK

Personal service

From a dedicated team of motor trade insurance experts

Product coverage

Whatever your motor trade, we’ll seek insurance for your needs

kingfisherinsurance logo icon

Frequently Asked Questions

What motor trade insurance do service and repair garages need?

We recommend a range of covers to protect your garage from the risks faced when handling vehicles under your care, custody and control. These include road risks insurance, combined motor trade insurance, employers’ liability insurance, public liability insurance, engineering inspection cover, product liability insurance, MOT loss of licence cover, demonstration cover (if there is an element of vehicle sales in your business). We will explain these covers and why you may need them, so you can make an informed decision when purchasing insurance.

What specific risks do garages face?

Garages will often have members of the public onsite collecting vehicles as well as workers, so employers’ and public liability insurance are important. You need to maintain safe equipment, which is where engineering inspection cover is important. Another specific risk is failure of parts fitted to vehicles or incorrect fitment of parts, which is where product liability insurance (or defective workmanship cover) is important.

Can I get insurance for the contents of my service and repair garage?

Yes, you can. You will typically require insurance for the physical garage premises, which we can provide to you if you own the garage or if you lease it and your landlord does not provide adequate cover (always check with them first). Contents covered can include machinery, tools and equipment, money, and vehicle keys. Ensuring you have good physical security – alarms, approved locks, perimeter barriers, and CCTV – is a must to protect your business against the risks of intrusion and theft.

My insurance premium keeps going up. Is there anything you can do to help?

Kingfisher works with quality insurers to help ensure you have the right cover for your needs. We form personal relationships with our clients to help you manage risks and claims, which can help you to present your business in a good light to insurers. This can help to keep insurance premiums in check. Our job as a broker is to balance the amount of cover you may need with the cost of insurance from our providers, so rest assured we will do all we can to help with this.

Explore Our Motor Trade Insurance Products

Specialist insurance for vehicle recovery operators

Cover for garages, MOT stations, vehicle restorers and more

Cover for traders of all sizes, from local traders to dealerships

kingfisherinsurance logo icon white

Get a quote

MT Quote

Part 1: Your Quote

The name of your business
Your Name(Required)
What is your main line of work?
MM slash DD slash YYYY

Motor Trade Insurance – News & Insights